Will a IntelliFloXF Work with a AquaLink RS OneTouch?

Bmill

Feb 13, 2013
I there I'm a new pool owner and I am busy reading all I can. My new house has a brand new Aquilink OneTouch control unit with the the WiFi app. But the pump is very old and I would like to replace it with a IntelliFloXF. Right now there are actually two pumps one for the water feature and one for the pool / spa. Looking to replace both pumps with one.

Will the pump work with this controller? Do I need to purchase anything extra?

The goal is to have the three options, 1 run the filter, 2 run the filter and water feature, 3 run just the water feature. As for running the spa it would be nice to also run the water feature but that is lower on the list.

Finally as handy as I am, this might be over my head, know any good installers in Palm Springs Ca?

Thanks a bunch for any thoughts you might have!

Have you considered a Jandy VS Flopro? This will provide more seamless integration with the aqualink. Flopro VS will only require a com connection to the automation. An intelliflo will require an intellicom and, IMO, is more hassle than it's worth, especially in your situation.

Relatively recent versions of the Aquilink OneTouch can control the IntelliFlo (including the XF version) through a data cable. For older versions of the Aquilink OneTouch you can either get a firmware upgrade or you need an IntelliComm and one relay per speed that you want to be able control.

Thanks Jason , the one touch was purchased in December, version 11 of the software. From everything I read I should not need a Intellcomm. Not sure about a data cable, what is that?

So far the One Touch will not find the pump.

Yes it did, sorry about being a bit slow on that!
So far the issue seems to be the Aqualink will not recognize the pump. Rereading the manual, there are 16 pump addresses and it seems per page 10 of the manual not all controllers recognize all.

But I think I found the issue, per the Jandy manual (7.28.1) it looks like only the IntelliFlo VF av VS are supported. Am I up a stream without a paddle?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bmill said:
This still is a mess, everyone says the controller should see it as a VS pump. Now Pentair is saying the wire colors need to be miss matched... I'm going crazy!

This could very well be, since Zodiac/ Jandy may use different color scheme vs. Pentair. Having the two data wires reversed would lead to a corruption of data and a failure to recognize the pump. One wire relative to the other is high or low. In the proper state, a byte would be read as sequential high or low bits. So, a byte with 8 sequential high bits, 11111111, would be equal to 255. If the wires were inverted, this would be 00000000, or equal to 0, etc. Switch the data wires and see if this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.