Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Will a IntelliFloXF Work with a AquaLink RS OneTouch?

1. Back To Top    #1

Will a IntelliFloXF Work with a AquaLink RS OneTouch?

I there I'm a new pool owner and I am busy reading all I can. My new house has a brand new Aquilink OneTouch control unit with the the WiFi app. But the pump is very old and I would like to replace it with a IntelliFloXF. Right now there are actually two pumps one for the water feature and one for the pool / spa. Looking to replace both pumps with one.

Will the pump work with this controller? Do I need to purchase anything extra?

The goal is to have the three options, 1 run the filter, 2 run the filter and water feature, 3 run just the water feature. As for running the spa it would be nice to also run the water feature but that is lower on the list.

Finally as handy as I am, this might be over my head, know any good installers in Palm Springs Ca?

Thanks a bunch for any thoughts you might have!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Will a IntelliFloXF Work with a AquaLink RS OneTouch?

Have you considered a Jandy VS Flopro? This will provide more seamless integration with the aqualink. Flopro VS will only require a com connection to the automation. An intelliflo will require an intellicom and, IMO, is more hassle than it's worth, especially in your situation.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

3. Back To Top    #3

Long story, but i own the above controller and pump.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

You own the intelliflo and intellicom already? Or you already have a flopro VS and you don't like it?
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

5. Back To Top    #5

I own both. This weekend is the big installation attempt !

6. Back To Top    #6

Relatively recent versions of the Aquilink OneTouch can control the IntelliFlo (including the XF version) through a data cable. For older versions of the Aquilink OneTouch you can either get a firmware upgrade or you need an IntelliComm and one relay per speed that you want to be able control.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks Jason , the one touch was purchased in December, version 11 of the software. From everything I read I should not need a Intellcomm. Not sure about a data cable, what is that?

So far the One Touch will not find the pump.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

The intelliflo should have come with the comm cable

9. Back To Top    #9

Yes it did, sorry about being a bit slow on that!
    So far the issue seems to be the Aqualink will not recognize the pump. Rereading the manual, there are 16 pump addresses and it seems per page 10 of the manual not all controllers recognize all.

But I think I found the issue, per the Jandy manual (7.28.1) it looks like only the IntelliFlo VF av VS are supported. Am I up a stream without a paddle?

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

To my knowledge, it should recognize it as a VS pump. Have you called zodiac?

11. Back To Top    #11

Remember that the controller can't see the pump if the pump is in service mode.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

12. Back To Top    #12

This still is a mess, everyone says the controller should see it as a VS pump. Now Pentair is saying the wire colors need to be miss matched... I'm going crazy!

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Bmill
    This still is a mess, everyone says the controller should see it as a VS pump. Now Pentair is saying the wire colors need to be miss matched... I'm going crazy!
    This could very well be, since Zodiac/ Jandy may use different color scheme vs. Pentair. Having the two data wires reversed would lead to a corruption of data and a failure to recognize the pump. One wire relative to the other is high or low. In the proper state, a byte would be read as sequential high or low bits. So, a byte with 8 sequential high bits, 11111111, would be equal to 255. If the wires were inverted, this would be 00000000, or equal to 0, etc. Switch the data wires and see if this helps.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.