Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need a new pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Need a new pump

I don't know if you remember, but I sent a short video of my pump at the end of last summer. It was making a loud noise. I'm not even going to try it when I open the pool. It was the original that came with my Intex in 2009 or 2010. Would you please give me your opinions on what I should replace it with? As you can see I can an Intex 10x20 with an Intex salt water generator. I am not opposed to getting a combo unit if that's what you really feel is the best thing. I would really appreciate your input. Thanks.
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need a new pump

Most Intex users go with the 2650 sand filter and pump unit and are extremely happy when they do. That's what I'd consider if it were me.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by imcj
    I am not opposed to getting a combo unit if that's what you really feel is the best thing.
    If you mean the intex one that includes the swg, I would not get it. I agree with bama on the 2650 and pair that with your existing swg.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you!
    Intex 20'x10'x52" 5,835 gallon above ground; vinyl; Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump; Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System Model CS8110.