Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How prepared for problems are you?

1. Back To Top    #1

How prepared for problems are you?

After having pump motor bearings fail, pump seals leak, plumbing union crack and leak, and spending time finding the repair parts, I now keep a supply of pvc pipe & fittings, unions, motor bearings, pump seals, o-rings, etc. Most common pool emergencies can be handled quickly. As a "Do it yourselfer" these type of repairs are relatively easy. Just wondering how many are prepared for such problems or "Let their fingers do the walking" and pay to have someone else do the repairs.
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Gurnee, IL (North Suburban Chi-town)

Re: How prepared for problems are you?

So far, I do it all myself (with the expertise of this forum to help me, of course ).
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1HP 2spd PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: How prepared for problems are you?

I do it all and, like you, have amassed an impressive array of parts and spares so that now I can fix almost anything. However, I do know when to write a check!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit