Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Old American Products spa light in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Old American Products spa light in pool

We have a 12X28 white plaster pool with a old 12v 75w American Products spa housing / niche for the pool light. My wife has been asking for a color changing light for some time but Im afraid the IntelliBrite spa light will not be bright enough for the application. Has anyone tried this before or any suggestions?

Thanks
    John

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Old American Products spa light in pool

That 18watt LED is going to be a lot brighter than that 75watt incandescent you have now, so if the 75watt is bright enough now I wouldn't be afraid to go with the LED.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

The IntelliBrite is one of the brightest lights currently available and will blow your old light out of the water! (LOL I'm funny!) You can also check out a J&J replacement bulb if you want to go that route. Easier, quicker and cheaper but still plenty bright.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for the quick replies the base of the light i have is a mr16 i have thought of going with a new base for a Edison bulb and using a product like J&J electronics but the cost is almost the same as IntelliBrite. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated and i will post some before and after pics.

Thanks
    John

5. Back To Top    #5

You might also take a look at the Hayward Universal lights. I'm generally more of a Pentair fan but the Universal lights are pretty dang nice.