DE filter and SWG - any issue

Mar 3, 2009
Mission, TX
I am relocating and the new house has a nice pool with DE filter and tablet feeder and heater. I want to convert to SWG as that is what I had/have in my other home now.
Is there anything special I need to know about using the DE filter and this? My other pool was cartridge filters. The builder here quoted $2K for turnkey conversion which seems ridiculously high for adding an SWG so I suspect he plans to do more and wondered what it might be....hasn't explained it yet.
thanks

Some older DE filters were Stainless rather than plastic - is that involved here or is this a fairly modern DE filter?

I don't know of anything that is incompatible between the DE filter and the SWG.

Current setup
1) 1.5 HP Whisperflow Pool Pump

2) 48 FNS+ D.E. Pentair Filter

3) Rainbow 300 Chlorinator

4) heater, LP I believe

5) pop-up pool valets

11K gallon gunnite pool by Hamlin Pools in McAllen, TX

I presume the $2K turnkey involves more than just the cell generator....what, I'm not sure. What in the world would that be? I 'm used to the Jandy....

As UWV said, no problems using DE with a swg. An appropriate sized swg (like the jandy apure1400) would run you ~$900 bucks online, so it seems the pb is charging about $1000 for the install. I would ask for details.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.