Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First Test with New Kit just a few questions

1. Back To Top    #1

First Test with New Kit just a few questions

OK so I finally got my Taylor Test Kit (No TF100 as in Australia).
    My results

Tayor Kit................SWG manual suggests
    FC: 5ppm................1.5-2ppm
    CC: 0ppm................0ppm
    TC: 5ppm
    pH: 7.6....................7.2-7.4
    TA:110ppm..............90-150ppm
    CH:275ppm..............300-350ppm
    CYA: 80ppm.............40-65ppm
    Salt:.......................5000-6000ppm

I have not tested the salt yet waiting on one of the solutions but the SWG light for high andlow salt levels are not on so it is within the range.

So my pH needs to come down a little and my calcium needs to come up but my question is my SWG manual gives some suggestions that are very different to this site and a few other places I have seen. Should I be following my manual or the pool school.
    Is having FC at 5 an issue should I cut back the SWG from 100% and according to my SWG I would also need to reduce my CYA and maybe even increase TA.

PS the pool is pebble crete hence the high calcium and is actually looking very good at the moment so I am hesitant to mess with too much.
    15.8K gallons (60K Litres), IG, pebble, Davey 1hp 300lpm, sand filter, K Chlor SWG, Kreepy Krauly.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: First Test with New Kit just a few questions

Should I be following my manual or the pool school.
    The advice you get from this forum will be based on Pool School values and techniques.

actually looking very good at the moment so I am hesitant to mess with too much.
    You have given yourself great advice!! All your test results are within normal guidelines and I wouldn't touch a thing. Keep an eye on pH as it may tend to rise but "don't fix it if it ain't broke"

Or, as my friend says, " If it ain't broke, keep on fixin' it until it is"
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: First Test with New Kit just a few questions

I agree with duraleigh that you are in good shape. Only thing I would say is keep an eye on your ph as it may go up quickly since your TA is a little on the high side for the swg. Good news is, eventually adding Muriatic acid to bring down ph when it does go high, will also bring down the TA slowly.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.