Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ColorLogic Out of Water?

1. Back To Top    #1

ColorLogic Out of Water?

Can I fire up my ColorLogic light outside of the water to test it? I worry, so I worry I will get it installed during construction and voila it wont work. So could I turn it on for a minute in my basement just to verify it functions?
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ColorLogic Out of Water?

You can turn it on for a short period, 10 or 15 seconds will be fine. Left on too long out of the water it will tend to overheat and damage it's self.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Toss it in the bathtub?
    Assembly stage of:
    18x36 DIY IG - SWG - Pro-Logic P4 - Hayward Universal 12V LED - ClearDeck Inground Solar Cover System - 2 Skimmers, 5 Returns + 2 Step Returns - 400BTU Hayward NG Heater - 1.5HP Hayward TriStar 2sp Pump - 30" Hayward Sand Filter - 280sq/ft Enersol Solar Heating - Solid Safety Cover with mesh drains - 30mil TideWater Liner - - TF100 - 20'x30' Pool House/Dog House :)

New Lowell, Ontario, Canada.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by cavediver
    Toss it in the bathtub?
    I thought of that but didnt know if there were electrical implications if I did that. While I know its designed for in the water I didnt know if there was any special bonding or grounding needed to prevent an issue.

My plan was to just wire a temporary plug on the end and plug it into a GFI outlet I have in my basement.
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG