Algae added to pool

Had to top the pool up today with some tank water, unfortunately the water probably has some algae but coming out of the tank it is quite clear. Should I shock until I pass overnight test, or would it be okay to keep FC on the higher side of okay and just keep an eye on it. Otherwise, pool is clean and sparkly.

Thanks

FWIW, when I top off from my rain barrels, I stick the hose in the skimmer so I know that the water is going straight to my filter first. If I suspected a lot of algae, i might also turn on the inline chlorinator while I was topping off (and then turn it off as soon as I am done), or at least as Dave said, raise the chlorine level with bleach to the upper end of the range. I would do so prior to topping off. In my pool experience, proactive is always easier than reactive!

Assuming a rain catch tank scenario - what would you do prior to loading the water into the pool - would you hit it with bleach in the tank and assume the algae is destroyed, shock it and validate it was clear with an OCLT, or would you just dump it in? Unless the tank is translucent algae can't grow so the only algae would be that of newly fallen rain. Normal rainfall events don't require shocking so is there something different about a rain tank that would make it necessary to disinfect it prior to adding to the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.