Air In Pump Basket When In Spa Mode

MyBad

Feb 24, 2010
AZ
Like the title states, and this has driven me crazy....lol

Background:
In ground plaster pool, with raised spa. Air in pump basket when in spa mode, a little air in pool mode, since we moved in 3 years a go. Has increased over time.

The wife and I thought a little hotub time last night we be good ... :-D :mrgreen: so after running the heater for a bit I noticed the heater was cycling on and off.

Could not get it past 90 degrees. :evil: So we called it a night.

I have been trying to figure out the air issue in the pump basket for sometime.

So today I was, well, not gonna give up until the heater worked!!!!!!!

So I turned to this site, and the internet. After looking though tons of different reasons why my heater was cycling, I resolved it down to insufficient water flow.

The air in the pump basket was causing [I was thinking] insufficient flow of water though the heater, and the heater was over heating, and cycling. :-D

So I replaced the o-ring in the pump basket lid, as the system is 12 years old, and I have no idea if anyone maintained this stuff.

No Change. :hammer:

I came across a discussion regarding Jandy 3way no lube valves. The discussion went into how these valves, over time, would leak, or suck air.

They said a simple o-ring kit would put your life back on track...I mean the valves back on track....

Hey I have Jandy 3way no lube valves! :shock:

Soooo I go to the local pool store, and purchase these tiny life saving o-rings.

Much to my surprise :whoot: upon turning the pool back on in spa mode........NO FREAKIN AIR in the pump basket. :cheers:

Hotub time tonight!!!

Thanks for all the info you guys have here.....could not done it without you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.