Pentair intellichlor - how long to get a reading?

ultimate_ed

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 25, 2012
Manvel, TX
Here in the last month I had been getting a low salt reading. I had attributed it to the colder water. I've checked the salt level with the Taylor kit, so I know the level is good.

Yet this week, when I check the reading under the diagnostics, I was getting a com link error. The manual said to check the connection. It looked fine, but I went ahead and powered off the panel, disconnected the wire from the control panel, reconnected and powered back up.

No the diagnostic shows no errors and the unit has power. However it has been showing zero salt for almost 48 hours. I remember when it was installed that it needed some time to start giving a reading. I haven't been able to find an answer to how long it should take in the documentation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The Intellichlor does not operate on averages like the Hayward unit. It will display what it thinks is the salt level at the time. The unit does however require 24 hours of circulation after adding the initial amount of salt before operating the unit.

The unit should take only two (2) min to boot/display salt level via the LEDs regardless of cell activity. Unfortunately this is only a go or no-go reading, and not a precise level. Solid green meaning between 2800-4500, green flashing > 4500, a flashing red is low salt, < 2800 still producing but at a lower rate, and a solid red is low <2600 and cell has shut off. All readings are contingent of being in the units acceptable temp range (above 52F).

To check and see if it is a temp issue, try heating up the spa to about 60-70 degrees and see if the unit comes back on. The cell will however will had to have been plumbed on the main return before the Pool/spa split, otherwise you would not be able to perform this test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.