Supplies needed for a new install

Fields

Jan 31, 2013
Columbia, SC
Hello my fellow pool lovers! I'm a newbie here. I've been reading a lot of the post here, there's a lot of useful information here!
My new 27x52 Isle Morada AG Pool will be installed in 6 weeks! I'm so excited. I'm trying to buy everything I need now so that I won't have to run out and buy anything once the install is done. I know all of the chemiocals needed, is there any specific items i'll need? What solar blanket, testing kits, or anything else would you recommend?
The next 6 weeks can't go by fast enough! :party: Oh and when will you open up your pools? Thanks in advance for sharing.

You are going to need a good test kit. I use the TF 100 test kit and I also use test strips for a quick check. I must admit that I check my water daily and sometimes multiple times in a day. I also have a Taylor Speedstir for the TF 100 test kit. You are going to need a lot of supplies like liquid chlorine, borax, and baking soda. How much depends on the size of your pool as well as the location and other conditions. A lot of people here will offer advice and help you along the way. Good luck and welcome aboard! And don't forget LOTS of pool toys!

ComputerGuyInNOLA said:
You are going to need a good test kit. I use the TF 100 test kit and I also use test strips for a quick check. I must admit that I check my water daily and sometimes multiple times in a day. I also have a Taylor Speedstir for the TF 100 test kit. You are going to need a lot of supplies like liquid chlorine, borax, and baking soda. How much depends on the size of your pool as well as the location and other conditions. A lot of people here will offer advice and help you along the way. Good luck and welcome aboard! And don't forget LOTS of pool toys!

Thank you!! I started buying pool toys over a year ago, lol. I can see myself checking the water multiple times a day also, at least for the first few weeks. OMG, I'm like a kid waiting on santa! :lol:

Fields,

What will the source be for your fill water? If it is your tap water, you can test that now and that will not only give you some experience testing but tell you if you need to buy any chemistry......you may not, but you won't know until you test.

The temptation is to run to the pool store and have them test it for you, but if you read the hundreds of posts here about pool store testing, you will find that it is usually very unreliable. Don't start off on the wrong foot.

Dittos, get the test kit and read read read pool shool (link in the upper right corner).
One of the most important things you need from the start is knowledge, you need to know how to maintin your families pool water yourself, don't rely on someone elses knowledge because they may not have any.

ALso, resist the temptation to buy chemical packages, you don't need to all all sorts of crazy things, the basic water strategy in pool school is all you need (assuming you have typical water).
You should get the test kit ASAP and do some practice tests on your tap water, the first few tests may be a challenge but honestly, the repitition kicks in very fast and after a few weeks you'll have it down and by the end of summer you'll be a pro.
The testing is far more important than the toys.

Post some pics of the build, good luck!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.