New pool build in Viera, FL.

Apr 11, 2012
After months of waiting it has finally begun. Today they came out to measure for grass removal on Monday and to dig on Tuesday. I have an old android phone taped to the bedroom window to capture images every three minutes so I hope to have a time lapse video of the construction. More pictures to follow as the process begins.

I already have my TF100 test kit and I can't wait to use it!

Sod removal started today and will probably not be completed until tomorrow.

DDSC01481_zpse583fd63.jpg

DDSC01483_zps0a09fe10.jpg

DDSC01486_zps63e8824a.jpg

Sod and tree removal was completed yesterday. I, being a not so smart guy, completely forgot to turn the sprinklers back off after I had to run a zone in the front yard to align a replaced sprinkler. Of course my once a week watering is Monday which created a pretty big mud hole yesterday. I was not home today while they worked so I took some pictures after the work was done today. Tomorrow is supposed to be the big dig. I hope so as I will be home most of the day.

DSC01495_1200x900_zpsa40626da.jpg

DSC01496_1200x900_zps85c8be3b.jpg

Wouldn't you know the day they come dig the hole it rains. In the past two months we have had one or two very light showers. They still dug and that was yesterday. Today was shoveling away all the cave-ins, spread around some rock, and cover up the dirt mounds and sides with plastic. I talked with one of the guys and he said it will be towards the end of next week when they bring the cement truck out and spray the shell or tank (I think they are the same?)

Time Lapse is also working great!! I changed the timer to every two minutes. It will be really cool once I create the movie from all the images.

DSC01501_1200x900_zps759791da.jpg

Digging in the rain
DSC01504_1200x900_zpse9d50d46.jpg

Fixing the mess
DSC01510_1200x900_zps03939ffe.jpg

Two doggies really want their backyard back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Starting to look like a pool today. I worked a long day today and did not talk to any of the builders to find out about shooting the tank. Hopefully it will be this week as I will be home during the day for the rest of the week.

DSC01517_1200x900_zps6cc9d892.jpg

Today they are putting in the rebar and some of the plumbing. Unfortunately they will probably not get to shoot the tank this week when I had the chance to be home. Monday is the likely day and I'll be at work all day. Darn.

DSC01520_1200x900_zps68b5b14a.jpg

Not much happened last week for picture taking. They backfilled, dug it up again for the plumbing, and filled it back. Today they started on the tiles and it finally has some color instead of a big concrete bowl. We might have a deck by the end of the week if they can get the survey and inspection done.

DSC01651_1200x900_zps7b1af6ec.jpg

DSC01653_1200x900_zps6442ad6e.jpg

linen said:
gatorwayne said:
They backfilled, dug it up again for the plumbing, and filled it back.
:shock: :?:

I was surprised but they said they always do it that way. The initial backfill was pretty thorough with water jets soaking the ground followed by a compacting machine the next day. Then they dug just deep enough for the plumbing. This way the plumbing lays on compacted earth and does not settle with the backfill. Then they filled over the plumbing, water jets, and some minor compacting. Everything pressure tested fine.

I'm impressed by their operation so far. It has been the same four or five guys doing all the work. They build one pool at a time and have been working on mine every day except one since Feb 8th. They have called in some outside help to dig the hole and shoot the tank but they were there watching as these aspects of the build were conducted. I ask them all kinds of questions and they always tell me what's happening or why they are doing something.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.