Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pool build in Viera, FL.

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build in Viera, FL.

After months of waiting it has finally begun. Today they came out to measure for grass removal on Monday and to dig on Tuesday. I have an old android phone taped to the bedroom window to capture images every three minutes so I hope to have a time lapse video of the construction. More pictures to follow as the process begins.

I already have my TF100 test kit and I can't wait to use it!
    13,500 IG plaster, 4 person spillover spa, Intellipro pump, IC40 SWCG, EasyTouch4, Pentair CC150 cartridge filter, LED lights, TF100 testkit.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New pool build in Viera, FL.

Can't wait to see the progress....especially like you have it set up....fascinating, I'll bet.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I know you're excited! Congratulations! Let the fun begin! I have six more weeks to go, but I'm using that time to purchase everything I need. Keep us posted on your progress and don't forget the pics.
    27x52 Garden Leisure AGP, Hayward Dream Line 1.5 Sand Filter, TF-100 Test kit
    BBB and Loving It!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

5. Back To Top    #5

Sod removal started today and will probably not be completed until tomorrow.

13,500 IG plaster, 4 person spillover spa, Intellipro pump, IC40 SWCG, EasyTouch4, Pentair CC150 cartridge filter, LED lights, TF100 testkit.

6. Back To Top    #6

Sod and tree removal was completed yesterday. I, being a not so smart guy, completely forgot to turn the sprinklers back off after I had to run a zone in the front yard to align a replaced sprinkler. Of course my once a week watering is Monday which created a pretty big mud hole yesterday. I was not home today while they worked so I took some pictures after the work was done today. Tomorrow is supposed to be the big dig. I hope so as I will be home most of the day.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Lookin' good, GW. Exciting times

If we started a "not so smart guy" club, I am afraid I would be the de facto leader......I have quite a track record
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Wouldn't you know the day they come dig the hole it rains. In the past two months we have had one or two very light showers. They still dug and that was yesterday. Today was shoveling away all the cave-ins, spread around some rock, and cover up the dirt mounds and sides with plastic. I talked with one of the guys and he said it will be towards the end of next week when they bring the cement truck out and spray the shell or tank (I think they are the same?)

Time Lapse is also working great!! I changed the timer to every two minutes. It will be really cool once I create the movie from all the images.

Digging in the rain

Fixing the mess

Two doggies really want their backyard back.

9. Back To Top    #9

Re: New pool build in Viera, FL Update 18 Feb

The big mud hole is starting to take shape. They should shoot the concrete by the end of the week.

10. Back To Top    #10

Looking good. Keep the pics coming
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

11. Back To Top    #11

Starting to look like a pool today. I worked a long day today and did not talk to any of the builders to find out about shooting the tank. Hopefully it will be this week as I will be home during the day for the rest of the week.

12. Back To Top    #12

Today they are putting in the rebar and some of the plumbing. Unfortunately they will probably not get to shoot the tank this week when I had the chance to be home. Monday is the likely day and I'll be at work all day. Darn.

13. Back To Top    #13

Ready for inspection and shooting the tank. Concrete should be Tuesday and of course it is supposed to rain.

14. Back To Top    #14

We have a pool shell!!

and a spa

backfilling in progress the day after shooting the tank.

15. Back To Top    #15

Very nice pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

16. Back To Top    #16

How it looked at the end of last week.

And then all torn up again to run the plumbing.

They might get the deck poured this week but more likely the start of next week.

17. Back To Top    #17

Not much happened last week for picture taking. They backfilled, dug it up again for the plumbing, and filled it back. Today they started on the tiles and it finally has some color instead of a big concrete bowl. We might have a deck by the end of the week if they can get the survey and inspection done.

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by gatorwayne
    They backfilled, dug it up again for the plumbing, and filled it back.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

19. Back To Top    #19

OOOOOPS
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorwayne
    They backfilled, dug it up again for the plumbing, and filled it back.
    I was surprised but they said they always do it that way. The initial backfill was pretty thorough with water jets soaking the ground followed by a compacting machine the next day. Then they dug just deep enough for the plumbing. This way the plumbing lays on compacted earth and does not settle with the backfill. Then they filled over the plumbing, water jets, and some minor compacting. Everything pressure tested fine.

I'm impressed by their operation so far. It has been the same four or five guys doing all the work. They build one pool at a time and have been working on mine every day except one since Feb 8th. They have called in some outside help to dig the hole and shoot the tank but they were there watching as these aspects of the build were conducted. I ask them all kinds of questions and they always tell me what's happening or why they are doing something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast