Make sure your solar heat is installed correctly

yolo

Feb 8, 2013
New to pools.

Just make sure it is installed correctly. It was disclosed, when we bought our home, there was a roof leak due to the solar for the pool & was repaired. We have had the roof continue to leak this past year and are ready to repair the roof. Though the installer may have done it according to specs, our clay tile roofs more care needs to be taken, but the previous homeowners did not have it done the right way (& the repair was caulking). We have to spend a few thousand for the roof repair and a few thousand for a solar company to remove the panel for the roofer and to come back to replace it when the repair & seal is complete.

And this is the reason why I would never have solar added. Why risk having a crappy installer ruin your roof. It could take years before the crappy install job is discovered and there is no recourse. You then have to replace/repair your roof at your expense.

I wonder what the stats are? I had a roofer tell me that is repairing roof damage from solar "all the time". But then, of course, the solar guys say they install these all over and they "almost never" damage a roof. We are getting one... are there specific things to check at install? specific things to watch over time?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.