Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lots of New Pool Builds

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Lots of New Pool Builds

I don't have any hard data, but it sure seems to me like there are more new builds and new build questions here on the forum than in the last 4 years or so. I'm almost sure of it.

Congrats to all of you who are in progress, getting started, or just thinking about it.

Log on and start your own thread if you like. Everyone on the forum LOVES picture progress of new pools and LOVES to answer initial questions about equipment choices, etc.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lots of New Pool Builds

Dave,

I was thinking the same thing. Although I am new I have gone back and read posts from three and four years ago. It seems like a lot of new construction is going on. Maybe the economy is improving. Then again, it could just be that people are more internet savvy and aware of resources like TFP. I wish I would have had this resource ten years ago. Having just built a new pool to replace my old one, this site has become invaluable. This site is now my default home page for all browsers.

Regards,

David Hurley
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

3. Back To Top    #3

My dig is scheduled for March, depending on weather. I can guarantee you all will be tired of pics and questions, as I plan to do a lot myself and always document every little step.

Cheers
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

ssgumby,

We won't get tired of your pics. I built my pool as well so DIY builds are particularly interesting to me.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Finding this site just before our build was wonderful. A friend in the pool business encouraged us to GC our own build and we had the courage to attempt that in large part due to this site. As to why more builds shown? Yes, around here the economy is picking up a bit. I would also say that the advent of smartphones helps too. Before I got my new phone it took several steps to get a picture to the internet - now posting pictures is fast and easy.
    7500 gal gunite/stonescapes, iAqualink RS-8, Jandy 2HP VS-Flopro, Jandy 200 sqft Cartridge filter
    Pentair Intellichlor IC-40, Zodiac MX-8, Fafco solar panels
    DreamMaker X-500 Spa

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

meanwhile I'm still waiting for this economy to pick up....