Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wall foam down under.

1. Back To Top    #1

Wall foam down under.

Hi all.

I am currently putting together a steel panelled liner pool and I was hoping to install some wall foam to smooth everything out (imperfect panel joins and pop rivets etc). Of course finding anything like this down here is next to impossible but I have managed to find a product at Bunnings (our large hardware chain) called lamilay. It is a 2mm or 3mm thick roll of foam that comes in 10m lengths and is designed to go under floating timber floors.

Any thoughts, alternatives, suggestions etc would be appreciated. Unfortunately I really can't find any example of the stuff online but looking at it it appears to be very robust and wouldn't tear or rip easily.

Cheers.
    7400 gallon, IG vinyl, .75HP, Cartridge, Zodiac Chlor Perfect chlorinator. Almost finished building :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wall foam down under.

Lamilay is underlayment for laminate flooring. 3mm is about 1/8" thick so if you doubled it you'd have about the normal pool wall foam insulation thickness. Have you tried contacting a pool store that installs above ground pools? Have you tried Amazon?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Wall foam down under.

Thankyou for your response.

When I worked out what the product actually was (polyethylene foam) it was a little easier to find a supplier. I have found a company in Perth (nearby) that will cut a length and send it up. Not the cheapest option but it should work for me. I am guessing the 4mm size should be right?

http://www.foamsales.com.au/products/cl ... foams/epe/
    7400 gallon, IG vinyl, .75HP, Cartridge, Zodiac Chlor Perfect chlorinator. Almost finished building :)