Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Idea for new pool build

1. Back To Top    #1

Idea for new pool build

We are currently meeting with several pool builders for bids and have gone though some designs with a coupl as well.

We like the look of the darker pebble tech colors but are concerned that the water will get too warm here in the Texas summer, so I've been thinking and would like to here feed back from what you all think.

I haven't ran this by any builders yet as I just came up with it and have not seen this done before.

Instead of deck spray jets, place 4 pop-up sprinkler type heads just out side the coping on the areas there is no decking and have this tied in with it's own valve system so it could be ran alone at night for a couple ours just to cool down the pool.

I think the advantages over the spray deck would be clean and out of site when not in use and more of a spray insted of a stream for better cooling. Also no ugly attachments that replace the typical return jets that some people use.

What are your thoughts?
    McKinney, TX
    Pool build in progress, 14.8K gallons, OK flagstone copping (sealed), IG Gunite/Pebblesheen (Blue Granite), Pentair intelliflow 3050 vs - svrs, Pentair IC20 Salt-Gen, 60 sq ft Pentair DE filter, 400k BTU Pentair (NG) heater, Polaris 280 with Booster, Dual Time Clocks with freeze protect feature, Pool (1) 500w (1) 100W Spa (1) 100w lights, (2) Skimmers, 4 Pool Returns, 6 Spa Jets, water features incl (3) 12 scuppers on 12 x 31 raised beam, (2) Gushers on tanning ledge, and double cut spa spillway. controlled by easytouch 8
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...t56120-40.html

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Idea for new pool build

Do you mean irrigation-type sprinklers?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I was acctually thinking of a pop-up type of jet like the deck jets, but with more spray than a stream. After some discussions with someother people, our pool design with 2 bubblers and 3 scuppers should help cool the pool down enough.
    McKinney, TX
    Pool build in progress, 14.8K gallons, OK flagstone copping (sealed), IG Gunite/Pebblesheen (Blue Granite), Pentair intelliflow 3050 vs - svrs, Pentair IC20 Salt-Gen, 60 sq ft Pentair DE filter, 400k BTU Pentair (NG) heater, Polaris 280 with Booster, Dual Time Clocks with freeze protect feature, Pool (1) 500w (1) 100W Spa (1) 100w lights, (2) Skimmers, 4 Pool Returns, 6 Spa Jets, water features incl (3) 12 scuppers on 12 x 31 raised beam, (2) Gushers on tanning ledge, and double cut spa spillway. controlled by easytouch 8
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...t56120-40.html

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

There are several threads that discuss inexpensive ways to keep a pool cool here on the forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School