New Autopilot DIG-220 pump relay issue

Dec 3, 2012
I need some assistance. We are nearing completion of our pool install and the installer sent out his electrician on Friday and they installed a 100 amp breaker panel, put up 2 mechanical timers (1 for the Heyward 1 hp Super Pump & the other for the Polaris booster pump) and hung the Autopilot DIG-220 control box. The Autopilot was not hooked to the pump yet since I did not have the additional pump relay so they wired the pump to the mechanical timer. Everything was working perfect. Over the weekend the relay that I ordered came in so they came back out today to install it. When I got home the electrician was already gone but when I went out to the equipment pad I noticed that they had removed the mechanical timer for the pump and the relay was installed. However, after I connected the Tri-Sensor cord and the Cell power cord to the SWCG manifold and input all the parameters for my system in the Autopilot I could not get the Heyward pump to come on. When I would press the PUMP button on the control panel and select ON I could hear the relay click and the display would show PUMP ON but power was not being sent to the pump. When I selected PUMP OFF I would again hear the relay click and the display would show PUMP OFF. The pump is a single speed pump Heyward and I set the input value within the Installers Menu to a 1 speed pump.

The pool builder that I am using typically installs the Pentair SWCG and is not familiar with the Autopilot but ordered one since that is what I requested. He is interested in seeing how it does since it has some nice features but he is not real sure what's going on since this is his first Autopilot install. I am not an electrician and have not been real impressed with the electrical subcontractor that he is using and think that may be the problem but I want to approach that carefully, if needed. Does anyone have a picture or can someone take a picture or draw a diagram of what the connections look like coming into and from the relay to a single speed pump? Right now they have disconnected power from the Autopilot and have direct wired the pump to keep the water ciruculating but now I have to trip the breaker to turn the pump on or off. I really need to get this pump running off of the Autopilot commands. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
StormH2Oguy

The pool builder sent the electrician back out today and when I got home the pump was running off of the Pool Pilot so it is now working correctly. We are going to wait and add salt to the pool once it starts to warm up so in the meantime the red Check System light is flashing telling me to Add 248 lbs of Salt. I'm just glad they figured out how to wire it. Now it can automatically cut on when the water temp drops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.