Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Howdy!

1. Back To Top    #1

Howdy!

I am three quarters of the way through building our first pool and was trying to learn as much as possible and stumbled upon this site. All I can say is WOW! this place is a wealth of information. I wish I had know about it prior to beginning construction. I have already asked my pool builder to ditch the chlorine tab feeder in lieu of a SWG. I only wish I hadn't spent the money on the ozone generator. Oh well... live and learn.

The pool gunite has been placed as well as tile, coping, plumbing and electrical work is complete. They were supposed to begin my deck today, but they were rained out. All in all I expect to have the pool complete in the next couple of weeks.

Once again, thank you guys for all of the great advice!

BTW this is what our palapa is supposed to look like:

15.7K, IG Sunstone Pearl, 2 - Skimmers, 6-Returns, 2HP Jandy Stealth Pump, 580 SF Cartridge Filter, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Polaris 280, Jandy Aqualink PDA, Del Ozone EC-2, 10' Diameter Sunken Swim Up Bar With Palapa (built in Kegerator set at 27o), 2 - Jandy LED Lights, Weeping wall with 5 returns, Bubbler in Tanning Ledge

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Howdy!

Welcome to the forum.

Is that an Aggie "Howdy"? Even though we're from NC, our son is Junior there, in the corps, with a Military career in the Air Force awaiting him.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Unfortunately, it's not. I'm a huge fan, but was not fortunate enough to go there. I am originally from the New Orleans area.
    15.7K, IG Sunstone Pearl, 2 - Skimmers, 6-Returns, 2HP Jandy Stealth Pump, 580 SF Cartridge Filter, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWG, Polaris 280, Jandy Aqualink PDA, Del Ozone EC-2, 10' Diameter Sunken Swim Up Bar With Palapa (built in Kegerator set at 27o), 2 - Jandy LED Lights, Weeping wall with 5 returns, Bubbler in Tanning Ledge

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Well, it's still a great "Howdy".

Football next year is gonna' be fun for Aggie Fans, I think.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to the forum. I live in Mandeville. What area are in N.O. Are you from? You must still be a Saints fan.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

7. Back To Top    #7

I was born in N.O., but my wife and I lived in Mandeville for about 5 years. We were in a **** hole apartment on General Pershing not too far from Sais meat market.

8. Back To Top    #8

Wow, beautiful pool! I love the swim-up bar!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    Wow, beautiful pool! I love the swim-up bar!
    That's what it is supposed to look like. We will see in a couple of weeks!