OT: Air Blower problem

longhorn627

In The Industry
Jan 9, 2013
I am having an issue with my hot tub. I manage several pools at a hotel, and have multiple hot tubs. When the air blower is turned off there is still air getting shot out of the return jets. When the blower is off, I closed the return valve for the air line, and the bubbles stop, so I know its not a suction leak on the filter system. I can feel slight suction on the intake of the air blower pipes. There is also no power going to the blower when the timer is turned off. I have an Ametek DR505AW58M spa blower. Anyone have any ideas on what is causing the air suction when the blower is off?

Is there any kind of valve that can be used to stop it sucking air through while the blower is off? I have another outdoor hot tub that has the same blower on it, but completely stops the air in the jets when the blower is off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.