TA rising due to Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent?

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
We have a couple pools where the TA was around 70 and the pH never moved then one day the TA is up at around 160. Could all this TA rise come from just fill water? I'm thinking it could be the baking soda in the Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent? Maybe the swimwear is not being properly rinsed when washed or they are using too much Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergent?

What are your thoughts on this? I think I need to start charging for acid.

Thanks!

duraleigh said:
Could all this TA rise come from just fill water?
Probably not, but what is the TA of your fill water?

It is not from laundry detergent of any brand.

I will check fill water next time I'm there. weird how it could just jump so high. also will talk with owners to see if fill water is city or well and if they are using Arm & Hammer or not. Have a couple pools like this.

Thanks!

welcome to the forums. lots of great advice here. yeah when the clothes are washed with it. has baking soda in it. testing the fill water friday. always been so busy never have a chance to but need to test it..

thanks for the replies. :cool:

wow well this is weird. I've been servicing this pool for 2+ years and pH and TA has always been locked. Then TA goes way high. We have been topping up the water as we normally would. Went and tested the fill water today and the TA is 370!! so this is the cause. dont know what changed with the fill water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.