Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bulk Pool Chemicals In Australia

1. Back To Top    #1

Bulk Pool Chemicals In Australia

This post is to any of the Australia members. I am in Brisbane and just wanting to find out where people recommend to get bulk pool chemicals. I have been getting them mostly from Bunnings but they only sell them in 1kg or 2kg lots for things like stabiliser and calcium. With a 60000L pool I tend to need larger quantities of chemicals. Does anyone know of any places that sell say 5kg or 10kg bulk lots. Also hydrochloric acid.
    15.8K gallons (60K Litres), IG, pebble, Davey 1hp 300lpm, sand filter, K Chlor SWG, Kreepy Krauly.

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bulk Pool Chemicals In Australia

Do you happen to know any pool shops that do bulk supplies in Brisbane. I am looking after my parents pool as well and all my local pool shops only sell the small pre packaged type chemicals.
    15.8K gallons (60K Litres), IG, pebble, Davey 1hp 300lpm, sand filter, K Chlor SWG, Kreepy Krauly.

4. Back To Top    #4

i would try the big ones, like Swimart, Poolwerx

by the looks on their website they have 5kg packages for some of the stuff.
    if they don't have it on the shelf, i'd just ask if they can sell you the stuff they use on clients' pools, as i doubt that they would be going around with small packages

although i might be wrong

5. Back To Top    #5

Try and find an internet bulk supplier that operates in Brisbane. They might do pick up...

I found one in Melbourne and it is a good deal -15 litres hydrocloric acid $29

Calcium hardness - 25kg bag 55 bucks etc.

25kg bags of sodium bicarbinate pretty cheap etc.

Check them out to get an idea of what price you can get in Melbourne and find a supplier in Brisbane
    www.epools.com.au

They won't deliver to Brisbane.

Just out of interest, what chemicals do you need in bulk???

I've got a 50,000 litre pool and only ever really add bleach since swapping to BBB. Bunnings bleach is fine for this, it's just down the road, and you don't want to stock up too much on 12% bleach because it has a limited shelf life.

Bought 15 litres of hydrochloric acid in September and don't think I'll use it all before end of season (here in Melbourne = easter or thereabouts)
    13,000 gallon; sand filter; inground; fibreglass; pump not sure yet (need to check); Installed over 12 months ago.

6. Back To Top    #6

Sorry just read your signature - you don't need to buy bleach with a SWG!!! My mistake.
    13,000 gallon; sand filter; inground; fibreglass; pump not sure yet (need to check); Installed over 12 months ago.