Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Check System Error: Filter Mains Voltage High

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Check System Error: Filter Mains Voltage High

Yesterday afternoon, a Check System Error “Filter Mains Voltage High” (see attachment) occurred. I turned the filter breaker off and on and the error cleared. It happened twice more and I once reset the Main breaker to the primary house power panel to clear it. Currently, it’s back in the check system error state. The system was installed in October 2011 for a new pool.

I wasn't able to find any troubleshooting information on this error. Is there something I can do to root cause or reset so the error will permanently go away? All other electrical components in the house and for the pool seem to be operating without issue.

Here are the components and software versions:

Filter: Hayward SwimClear C4030
    Hayward Pro Logic Automation:
    Main Software Revision 4.30
    Webster Firmware 01.00
    Filter Display Software r2.56
    Filter Drive Software r1.02
    RF Base Software r3.00 ID:ECF0

I'm new to the forum and I apologize if I posted to the wrong topic.

Thank you for your help and advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Hayward Check System Error: Filter Mains Voltage High

Welcome to TFP!

That error message means the voltage of the incoming power is too high. I believe that error message comes from the pump. Some variable speed pumps can be damaged if they are run when the input voltage is too high, so they shut down any time that happens. I assume that you can't reset the error message because the supplied voltage remains too high.

There are two main possibilities. Most likely the power company voltage really is too high. If so you will need to talk to your power company about it, or get a different pump that doesn't care about the voltage so much. The other option, much less likely, is that the voltage sensor is giving the wrong reading and needs to be replaced, hopefully under warranty.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the reply! I spoke with a friend who had the same thing happen with similar equipment and, in his case, it turned out to be inexpensive breakers. I'll look into the areas you mentioned and will let you know what I find.

Thanks again.

4. Back To Top    #4
    SouthWest Alabama

You should actually measure the voltage, or have the power company do it, at the incoming line. That way you know which side it's on. Your's or theirs. I've never heard of inexpensive (or expensive for that matter) breakers creating voltage. They can cause low voltage, so unless the error message has multiple meanings, I'd say it's high incoming.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit