Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is this metal stains?

1. Back To Top    #1

Katy, TX

Is this metal stains?

We have been having some construction going on the last couple weeks(it is now over) so yesterday I did a good pool cleaning. I came across these rust looking stains in the pool in the shallow end. One is about a dime, all by itself. Then a couple feet away are a small grouping of them. I tried to scrub at them but they did not change. My pool readings are all good. I have been adding a metal solution once a week. I wonder if maybe some nails did not fall in the pool and sit for a couple days before my vacuum got them. I have not a clue how to get them off. I do have pebble tec and tried to take some pics of the ones that are grouped togeather. The are right below (far left) of the step - in that little nook). Can you see them ...righ there Anyone have an suggestions? Thanks!

24,000 IG with spa and 4 ton waterfall. Equipment: Pentair 520 Clean & Clear, Pentair VS+SVRS Intelliflo, Pentair Whisperflo 2 HP, Polairis Cleaner, Intellibrites, Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line Chlorinator, Pentair Easy touch 8 wireless and spa side remote.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana
    Dive down and very carefully place a Vitamin C tablet on the spot. Repeat as needed. Should lighten quite a bit over a few days.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat