Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about selling Chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about selling Chlorine

Hey guys, new here and need help with a question. I have always had good luck finding things out through forums so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I manage a warehouse company in TX and first of last year we had a customer move out and can not be contacted. I have some left over stock that is taking up space and need to find something to do with it.

I have the following:
    216 - 50 LB bucket - "Pool Brand" multi functional chlorinating granules
    48 - 40 LB bucket - "Pool Brand" 3" chlorinating tablets
    540 - 1 QT bottle - "Tropiclear" Filter cleaner

My main question is, Is this stuff LEGAL to sell??
    Where could I get ride of everything at a huge discount??

Thank You guys for the help.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Question about selling Chlorine

No reason it wouldn't be legal. I'd talk to a pool store that is locally owned rather than a national chain to sell it. They'd probably be glad to have it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

That's what I was thinking. From what I can see, retail value is 40k but would get rid of it for way less if possible.

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree with John. Your other options would be an ad in Craigslist, ebay or self advertised auction where buyers can come to warehouse location and bid.

As far as legality is concerned, while I see no reason the products would be deemed illegal, you should seek advice from your attorney as to whether you are the legal owner of the supplies and can sell as your own to a third/unrelated party.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

near the swamp

public auction

6. Back To Top    #6

Flower Mound, TX

One good thing is that it is getting ready to be spring so it is probably the best time of year to move it.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the help here!

8. Back To Top    #8

Lake Nona, Florida

No clue on what is or is not legal.
    Assuming you don't need a license to sell it and if you are willing to deal with a bunch of people... try Craigslist - it is free and I have sold all kinds of spare stuff there. Pick the right price and people will line up at your door.

(on edit... just noticed dmanb2b post - missed it the first time. So x2 on CL, it works)
    7500 gal gunite/stonescapes, iAqualink RS-8, Jandy 2HP VS-Flopro, Jandy 200 sqft Cartridge filter
    Pentair Intellichlor IC-40, Zodiac MX-8, Fafco solar panels
    DreamMaker X-500 Spa

9. Back To Top    #9

Sold a few that route for 50 each and they have been very pleased. Thanks again for the help.