Pool filter cleaning

Feb 5, 2013
Hello,
brand new to the forum, glad I found it. I have a question regarding pool filter reading. I am a fairly new owner of a pool so I keep a keen eye on my pool...it is my prized possesion. Anyway, I have noticed over the last few weeks that after cleaning my filter that within 24 hours the guage has risen 10 plus PSI, which from what I was told when pool was built that is when the filter needs cleaning. when I spray filter with hose, the water in filter is clear. Confused on why this is happening. I am in North Florida, pool is vinyl liner, inground, 14k gallons, catridge filter. I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum.

You may need to either do a more thorough cleaning, or it may just be time for a new cartridge. If you have the owners manual for your filter, it may give instructions for filter cleaning.

Depending on the conditions, you may need to soak your filter in a TSP solution followed by a muriatic acid solution. The TSP removes sunscreen etc., while the muriatic acid removes calcium. The actual process may vary depending on who made your cartridge. Here is a link to a post about cleaning one brand of cartridge Because the soaking process takes some time, it's often best to have a spare cartridge to use while the other one is soaking.

To give you the best answers, we need to know your water chemistry test results, and a description of how your water looks.

While it does not directly answer your question, I will add that we recommend you clean the filter when the pressure goes up 20-25% of the clean pressure and not a fixed 10psi.

Rising that quickly does seem to point to something in the water.

Can you add the filter model you have?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

jblizzle said:
While it does not directly answer your question, I will add that we recommend you clean the filter when the pressure goes up 20-25% of the clean pressure and not a fixed 10psi.

Rising that quickly does seem to point to something in the water.

Can you add the filter model you have?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thanks Jason for the feedback, I will check the filter model when I get home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.