Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need to cut them out and replumb

1. Back To Top    #1

Need to cut them out and replumb

Topic moved. Please ask questions in your own topic, instead of hijacking someone else's topic.

quick question on a old thread, I have glued to the inside 2" to 2-1/2 inch pentair muti valves and need to cut them out and replumb, do I find 2-1/2 coupler and glue to the outside of the valve and then reduce to 2" for the pipe? IDK and hope its not a dumb question, but 40 plus a piece to replace? Any links for the part would be great.

roth79
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,
    TF-100 Test Kit, Seminole, West Central Florida

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need to cut them out and replumb

You should be able to use a 2.5"coupler on the outside of the valve and then immediately reduce back to 2" if you like.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry I thought the thread was closed as it was pretty old, I assumed he got his answer, but it wont happen again, sorry. I cant find 2-1/2 couplings at the depot,Thanks JB
    13000 in ground Wet Edge Satin Tahitian Blue, Pentair VS pump, Hayward DE4820, Hayward Vac, Pentair SWG IC 40, Pentair Intellibrite 5G, Intellibrite Controller,
    TF-100 Test Kit, Seminole, West Central Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah, you'll have to go to a real plumbing store to get them.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden