Spa Level Still Dropping After Replacing All Check Valves

Apr 5, 2009
Ok, I'm absolutely stumped. My spa level keeps dropping when the system is off. I've replaced both check valves (one on spa water feature and one on in floor cleaner). There does not appear to be a visible leak on any of the other valves. Do I need to replace or check any of the neverlube valves? If so, what would I be looking for to know what needs to be replaced.

Re: Spa Level Still Dropping After Replacing All Check Valve

Looking at the pictures it appears that you have a separate water feature on one pump and the pool/spa on the other.

If that's the case then either the suction or discharge valve could be leaking, but the suction valve would be more likely since the discharge should be where the check valve is. Also I don't see any check valves in the plumbing anywhere.

There is check valve on fifth return in lower picture. It is right after the neverlube valve and right next to gravel. The second pump acts as the booster for spa jets and in floor cleaning system.

In the top picture, the far right pipes are suction from spa to spa jets. Next to that is suction from pool to in floor cleaning system which has a second check valve closer to pool. Next to that is suction from spa for filter operations. Next to that is suction from pool (three pipes).

In the bottom picture, the far left pipe is spa return. Next to that are 3 pool returns and 1 spa water feature return (which has a check valve).

So, do I need to look at replacing the neverlub in 4 places (booster pump, main filter pump, filter discharge and booster discharge). Are there ways to trouble shoot which one and what has failed?

Fyi, If you are the original owner of the pool, you maybe be able to get the rebuild parts under warranty.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Well, I replaced the spa return which helped dramatically. Now the spa only lowers about 2 inches over night versus 8-10. Should I just keep replacing the other neverlube a until it stops lowering at all?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.