Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,

First post here, thanks this site has been a great help whilst I have been building my new pool.

Setting everything up for the first time today and installed a Pentair intelliflo pump the pool is 13,000 gal with twin drains and skimmers. The pump is revelation, filters nicely at 900rpm/110watts and skims efficiently at 1600rpm /400 watts.

My question is when I turn the pump on it primes itself at full speed 3400rpm, what do I when I backwash?

If I shut everything down and turn the filter (sand) to backwash and switch on the pump is it a problem that it will prime itself at that speed through the filter, same goes for rinse too?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP!

The priming/maximum speed can be configured on the pumps setup menu. Depending on your filter size, you probably want to turn it down to something lower than 3400 RPM.

You want a relatively high speed for backwashing the filter. Just how high a speed depends on the size of your filter. A typical filter needs somewhere around 2000 RPM, but it varies quite a bit with filter size, with larger filters requiring a faster speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.