Pool Installation Contract

Jan 29, 2013
I have a 19 year old, 27' AGP that needs to be replaced as the walls have rusted through in several places (semi-inground installation). Does anyone have a list of installation requirements that should be included in the installer contract with respect to a "correct" installation?

The existing pool is set into a slope..quite honestly I'm shocked we got 19+ years of use without replacing the liner. I custom built the deck to fit the pool which now limits the replacement to a similarly configured model with 19 uprights. The walls have rusted through in several spots which would be expected on a pool this old that is backfilled. The Great Escape (a local chain) says they have one remaining Wilbar pool with the same configuration (27' dia with 19 uprights) which would minimize reconfiguring the deck. My two options are the Wilbar (using their installer) or a Radiant Metric which I like because of the ease of installation if I DIY.

I would start with what the manufacture requires for a semi-inground installation for warranty purposes.Most pool manufacturers will only let you bury an above ground pool X amount of inches with proper drainage and back fill.Have your retailer provide you with the appropriate manufacturer guidelines in writing.It all boils down to the manufactures Warranty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.