Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: haywards pools smatcontrol air sensor

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston Tx

haywards pools smatcontrol air sensor

Hi guys,

After all this cold weather we have been having in Houston my system has been kicking in a lot for freeze protection, however even on days where it isnt close to freezing the pump has ocasionally kicked in during the night for no apparent reason, the air sensor is just hanging out the bottom of the control panel and appears to be giving erratic readings, if I wiggle it about or hold it to warm it up the readings become believable again

Im suspecting either a bad connection or perhaps the wires are shorting to the box somewhere ?

I plan on switching the system off and opening the front panel to have a look inside, anything I should look for in particular other than obvious mechanical damage ?

I take it if the air sensor is faulty I can buy a replacement on its own ?

appreciate any advise,

20x40ft irregular IG pool around 20,000 gall plaster/tile, cartridge filter, Hayward pumps ( currently 2 speed Century motor burnt out high speed coil ) with SWG & Polaris on seperate circuit, all installed around 2005, various test kits usually HTC for PH & Clorine twice a week.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: haywards pools smatcontrol air sensor

Google is your friend. Here is what I found when I googled Hayward air sensor. ... B004NIZOT2

A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you.