DFW Pool Remodel - Thoughts on my PB's?

Jul 24, 2012
Colleyville, TX
I'm in the process of obtaining pool remodel quotes here in DFW and have talked to three companies so far, with one more coming tomorrow morning. So far, I've had Hart Pools, Authentic Plaster & Tile, and G&S Renovations quote me, with Lone Star Custom Pools coming tomorrow morning.

G&S Renovations - highest quote, pushed Fibre Tech, but still offered DiamondBrite, standard warranty, been in business for a long time and I can't find any negative reviews.
Hart Pools - great reputation in my area, but second highest quote, standard warranty and very close to my house.
Authentic Plaster & Tile - lowest quote so far, one bad recent comment on BBB website, offers good products and longer warranty than any other PB I've spoken to so far.
Lone Star Custom Pools - will update tomorrow

Any help is appreciated as we make our decision on a remodel company.

Thanks

:cheers:

Here is an update on the list that I went through prior to completing my recent renovation:

G&S Renovations - highest quote, pushed Fibre Tech, but still offered DiamondBrite, standard warranty, been in business for a long time and I can't find any negative reviews.
Hart Pools - great reputation in my area, but second highest quote, standard warranty and very close to my house.
Authentic Plaster & Tile - lowest quote so far, one bad recent comment on BBB website, offers good products and longer warranty than any other PB I've spoken to so far.
Lone Star Custom Pools - nice couple, very eclectic. Price was in the middle range. I liked them, but price was too high.
Adventure Custom Pools - price was on the lower mid-range, good reviews (a few here on TFP) and I almost went with this company. The one reason I didn't was that the owner was so worried about what other companies I was talking to and his sales tactic was to dog those companies and tell me why he was so much better than them. None of the other 5 companies even asked about who I was talking to or made any crude comments about their competition, so this left a bad taste in my mouth.
TruBlu Renovations - Arlington based, second best quote, very positive reviews on AngiesList. This is the company I went with.

There's someone around here that has their own product. I can't remember who it is, but it's not anyone in that list as far as I can remember. If someone remembers, post up. I'm going to hopefully resurface my pool at the end of this swim season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.