Polaris automatic pool system not working after heavy rain

cjmrdm

Feb 1, 2013
Peoria Arizona
Pool Size
I noticed our pool was not cleaning at night recently and the spa was not spilling into the pool in the AM so I went out to the Polaris control panel box. The screen on the panel was blank. (It should not be blank). I then went to the circuit box and switched the pool ones off and on again. This made the screen on the Polaris system come back on. I thought this was the problem. However, when I went to turn the pool on it did not work. The only thing that happens is the Jandy Valve (if I have that correctly) circles automatically which it should do before it starts but then nothing!!! The pumps do not come on. I have a pool and a spa pump. The spa spills into our pool. I tried to turn on the spa manually as well and that wont work either. I am able to turn on the jet pumps in the spa but that is it.

We had freezing temperatures a couple weeks ago. We seemed to survive that. Now, the last week we had several days of record breaking rain fall. I seem to want to associate it with this.

One interesting thing and may be a separate issue but when I get out our Polaris manual and it shows me the menu screens ...like the ones to see the cleaning schedule....I can not seem to access them at all. My husband and I both went into every setting and we can not get to these menus. So, I was curious if this is part of the problem? Did something happen when it went dead (like reset)?

The pool also is very full. We have an auto leveler. I am not quite sure how that works but the pool is as full as it has ever been. This is from the rain.

We have a home warranty but don't know if this is covered and we really like to fix stuff our self, if possible.

Anyone have any suggestions / help/ advice?

Thank you soooo much in advance!

Re: Polaris automatic pool system not working after heavy ra

I would shut the power off to the panel again and leave it off for a few minutes. Power it back on and see if resets it. If you flipped it fast it may be confused even more. Did you have a lot of lighting during the heavy rain? Is this the Polairs EOS Automation system? Also I am not sure if your home warranty is like mine, but they would not cover any automation parts of the pool. I had to buy my own spa side controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.