Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris automatic pool system not working after heavy rain

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris automatic pool system not working after heavy rain

I noticed our pool was not cleaning at night recently and the spa was not spilling into the pool in the AM so I went out to the Polaris control panel box. The screen on the panel was blank. (It should not be blank). I then went to the circuit box and switched the pool ones off and on again. This made the screen on the Polaris system come back on. I thought this was the problem. However, when I went to turn the pool on it did not work. The only thing that happens is the Jandy Valve (if I have that correctly) circles automatically which it should do before it starts but then nothing!!! The pumps do not come on. I have a pool and a spa pump. The spa spills into our pool. I tried to turn on the spa manually as well and that wont work either. I am able to turn on the jet pumps in the spa but that is it.

We had freezing temperatures a couple weeks ago. We seemed to survive that. Now, the last week we had several days of record breaking rain fall. I seem to want to associate it with this.

One interesting thing and may be a separate issue but when I get out our Polaris manual and it shows me the menu screens the ones to see the cleaning schedule....I can not seem to access them at all. My husband and I both went into every setting and we can not get to these menus. So, I was curious if this is part of the problem? Did something happen when it went dead (like reset)?

The pool also is very full. We have an auto leveler. I am not quite sure how that works but the pool is as full as it has ever been. This is from the rain.

We have a home warranty but don't know if this is covered and we really like to fix stuff our self, if possible.

Anyone have any suggestions / help/ advice?

Thank you soooo much in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Richmond, Texas

Re: Polaris automatic pool system not working after heavy ra

I would shut the power off to the panel again and leave it off for a few minutes. Power it back on and see if resets it. If you flipped it fast it may be confused even more. Did you have a lot of lighting during the heavy rain? Is this the Polairs EOS Automation system? Also I am not sure if your home warranty is like mine, but they would not cover any automation parts of the pool. I had to buy my own spa side controller.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.