What pool cleaner would you recommend for my pool?

Jan 31, 2013
I have no idea what type of pool cleaner would work on my pool so hopefully you'll all be able to help me out.
I have a 127KL bean shaped pebblecrete pool with nice curves everywhere on the sides, no sharp angles except for the steps. it has 2 pumps(viron P300's) 3 speed and filters and chlorinators, a basket at each end of the pool.
It gets full of leaves of various smallish sizes, little bits of bark that surround the pool and general dust.
What type of pool cleaner would be best suited to this sort of pool? one of them kreepy krauly things or an automatic pool cleaner scrubber or what?? i have been told to keep away from them automatic robot ones as they break down and expensive to fix out of warranty.
i dont care if its conencted to and runs off the existing pump, that doesnt bother me. something under $1000.
looking at this onga hammerhead http://www.onga.com.au/objectlibrary/639?filename=ONGA 1759 HammerHead TDS.pdf whats your thoughts on this for my pool?

Welcome to TFP!
Your pool is too big for a suction cleaner like the kreepy. It just won't cover enough, fast enough, unless you have a very small amount of junk getting in the pool. Generally for pools as large as yours, either a pressure-side cleaner like a polaris or a robot is what we recommend. Do you have a dedicated line for a cleaner? If so, is it set up for suction or pressure? You can post a picture of the equipment pad if you aren't sure, and we should be able to tell you what you've got.

Where are you located? I don't recognize the names of the pumps or cleaner you mentioned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.