Hi! I’m having some problems with my Autopilot (the unit is almost 6 years old). It started last summer. I kept getting a “Check Flow - Purifier Off” message. I researched several similar threads on here and tried everything I could to get it to work. So I gave it up on, put it in “purifier mode” and let it be. Last week, I went back out and thought I would try again. Put it in “total control” mode and it worked…but only for a day or so. My suspicion is that it’s the main board, but I wanted to get some other opinions or find out what else I can try before spending the money on a new board or unit.
Here is what I have tried already:
- cleaned skimmers, pump basket, DE filter and the manifold screen
- salt level is good, as well as PH, etc.
- plenty of water flow
- salt cell is clean
- checked & cleaned tri-flow sensor (actually my first suspicion was the tri-sensor and/or cord, so I bought a new tri-sensor & cord but that didn’t fix my problem)
- checked the bypass spring valve for debris
- I actually purchased a new interface board (part #838) last year, thinking that was the problem, but that didn’t fix my problem either
- visually inspected the fuses on the main board
One other thing to point out – I’ve noticed lately when I have the system in “purifier mode,” I will set it to a certain percentage (for example, 65%) and when I go out to check it a couple of days later, the display shows a totally different percentage. So it’s been acting kinda screwy.
Anyway, please let me know if there’s anything else I may be able to try or if I just need to break down and buy a new one. Thank you!