New Liner - Need Advise on Prep Work at Coping

J_L_D

Jul 1, 2010
Madison, MS
I have almost settled on a contractor for the new liner. There are couple place, perhaps 8 ft. long, where the Liner track has dropped maybe 1/4 to 1/2" lower than the mortar that is beneath the brick coping. Most of the pool has this track up much more tightly to the mortar. It's not a horrible eyesore, but I wanted to get it corrected at the time of the liner install. When I showed them the pictures I have attached, I was told it would be "extremely" labor intensive to repair, would require new mortar, etc... I knew some type of shim work, either with mortar or something else would be required, but it doesn't look like it would be much of a job.

My question is should I let them quote me on the repair, do it myself, or find someone else. Other than the steel wall, what is back there holding the track up tight? Can I take a utility knife and cut the liner along these low spots and gain access to repair it...in general, what is the recommended repair materials and method.

You can see on the right hand side of the pictures where the track is up tighter.

Thanks for any info.[attachment=1:2yhk7mug]Liner Track 2.jpg[/attachment:2yhk7mug][attachment=0:2yhk7mug]Liner Track 1.jpg[/attachment:2yhk7mug]

Attachments

• Liner Track 2.jpg
    Liner Track 2.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Liner Track 1.jpg
    Liner Track 1.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 86
You know, I was starting to think that may be it. It's limited to a couple areas about 6 or 8 ft in length. Both places are on the downhill side of the lot.

What, if anything should I do about it? Is this fairly normal? The apron beyond the brick is about 2 ft of concrete on that side, the far side of the house. Seems trying to jack up the concrete would only risk more damage. I have used a product that goes in a caulk gun and resembles mortar to fill some cracks in the brick veneer on a house before and it actually worked pretty well. Just for looks, would that be something to consider? I'm not sure what a real repair would entail, if even plausible.

Thanks much for your input.

I hear you...if you mean replacing the brick coping and concrete...no thanks.

Might try test spot with the filler, knowing I could get it back out if not pleased...otherwise I think the new liner will freshen things up nicely.

I think the all print / no border would look good with the brick...thoughts?? warnings??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.