Compool CP3800

Nov 19, 2011
I have a Compool CP3800 system, and I have noticed a couple of issues I wanted to bounce off the experts. First, I have noticed that in the past week, there has been a buzzing sound coming from the outdoor panel. When I unscrew and open the door, the sound stops. Secondly, I observed this past weekend that when it was time for the pool program to stop, the indoor panel showed that the pool was off, but the pool kept running. The only way I could turn off the equipment was by using the outdoor master switch located by the outdoor panel. In addition, if the equipment is off, I can turn it on with the indoor panel so it does appear to be communicating with the outdoor panel. Very confused. Thinking it's a relay, but if it is, how do I go about determining which one? Thanks, Dave.

Relay has stuck and will need to be replaced. You can tap the relay and it will un-stick, but has been my experience that it will stick again. maybe not right away, but probably will as soon as you leave for a weeks vacation. The buzzing could be the transformer. It is held together with 4 Phillips screws. turn everything off and tighten them and the buzz should go away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.