new Walmart brand bleach concentration

midtngal

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 26, 2007
Nashville, TN
Heyyyy! :) Has anyone seen or paid attention to Walmart's new concentrated bleach? It says it's 8.25% vs the previous 6%. How does this compute when adding it to the pool? Is there a different formula to use? Just curious because I am just now getting around to closing my pool soon (don't ask! :) ). I want to bring the CL up and not quite sure how to use this new formula.

Thanks,
Karen

Hi James. Yes, I am aware of the pool calculator. What I'm asking is for the calculation at the bottom of that page in order to know what values will provide what result. I know better than to assume that putting X amount of bleach will give me only the Y reading I'm looking for. I like to know what else is being affected at the same time in order to tweak the values a little. And in that area it does not give you the option of 8.25% bleach. Sorry, I guess should have prefaced that with exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your input though!

Simply multiply whatever formula you were using before to get a quantity of bleach to use by 6/8.25 or 0.73 to get the quantity of the new more concentrated bleach to use.

To use the lower section, effects of adding chemicals, multiply the quantity of bleach you intend to use by 1.37 and set the pop-up to 6% bleach. The salt effect will be off just a little bit, but the rest of it will be correct.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.