Upgrading my existing FloTec Pump

Jan 25, 2013
Charlotte NC
He group, I thought I would throw this out for comments/discussion. I have a 1hp FloTec pump (AT251001) I bought from HD last year (you have to love the 10% military discount). It replaced a 1.5 hp Wayne that burnt up. Well the FloTec doesn't have enough juice to close the air breaker on my solar panels mounted on the second story roof and I keep getting air bubbles when on solar, not efficient. So, I bought a 1.5, 2 speed motor off of ebay (Emerson, $160.00) and should get it Friday. I will also be upgrading the impeller (ebay, $26.00) and diffuser (ebay $33.00) to the FloTec 1.5hp parts. The pump housing is the same on both the 1 and 1.5 so I don't see a problem with interchangability. Just wondering what everyone thinks. I'm thinking the upgrade will pay for itself in a few years time with energy savings and more efficient heating.

(Quick edit) I'll post some pictures of the process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.