Fibre Tech resurfacing

Jul 24, 2012
Colleyville, TX
I've done some Google'ing and used the search function here on the forums, but I'm not finding a ton of info on real world experiences with this product. What I did find through Google was very negative, but the reviews were very aged (early to mid 2000's). Can the community chime in and provide any reviews, thoughts, experiences?

I bought a home in August with the knowledge that the pool needed resurfacing. I had my first company bid the job today and they were pushing this product, but still covering all of my options. I'll have the actual cost on Monday, but would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the product, as I know it's cost exceeds regular plaster resurfacing. I don't know enough to have an opinion right now, so seeking advice.

Thanks in advance!

Received my quote this morning and the cost of the Fibre Tech product is nearly identical to the cost of Diamond Brite plaster; $4,998 vs. $4,980. I still have not received a response from any real world users of this product, so I'm beginning to think I should steer clear of it.

Our pool is about 3 feet in the shallow end and 7'ish feet in the deep end. We are considering turning the pool into a play pool, but I'm following a few other threads on this forum regarding changing the depth on an existing pool to determine if this is a good idea. I've got another group coming by tomorrow morning, so we'll see what they say and what products they recommend.

Go with the Diamond Brite. I used to be a fibre tech dealer and we had a terrible failure rate. Have done hundreds of diamond brite pools and it holds up well. ( my experience with fibre tech was in the late 80s into the early 90s)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.