I live in Austin, Texas. I've been using BBB for almost two years. Summer is glorious minus the daily worship of adding chlorine. In the wintertime, I cover my pool with netting to keep the leaves out. Last year, I fired up the built-in tablet chlorine dispenser to keep algae at bay until I reopen the pool around April. This year, the tabs didn't do the job and I have a swamp to deal with.
I'm ready for some better automation.
I will go with either SWG or chlorine injection. I read up on the Liquidator two years ago and now it seems that the peristaltic pump is the new thing, right? Please help me to make a decision. Here are the facts:
- 1. I will install either method myself
2. In ground, plaster, 30,000 gallon built in the 90's
3. Money is not the top concern, my budget is flexible. I would not go over $2,000 but I'd really like to be at $1,000 or less.
4. No rock to worry about, just ceramic and concrete. No metal in the pool (old style ladders or such)
5. I do not currently have any electronics. I have just the old fashion mechanical timer.
6. pool gets direct sun for about 5-6 hours per day in the summer
7. runs a Polaris if that matters
Thank you, TFP community!!