Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: School's out for summer...

1. Back To Top    #1

School's out for summer...

ALMOST! This Thursday is my kiddos last day. This school year has whizzed on by, I can't believe it's at the end already. When do your kids/grand kids get out, those of you with them that is?
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

2. Back To Top    #2

Mine stll have 2 weeks to go
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3
    mine have exactly 13 school days so 2.5 weeks
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

4. Back To Top    #4

wow, that is super early. The kiddos here get out 6 June but, my daughter and all AM kindergarteners have to make up 4 days (due to weather) so their last day is 11 June.

I wish it would just warm up here...it was nice and now for the last couple weeks have been yucky

chris
    30-40yr old prehistoric IG gunite 20 X 40 approx 30000gals
    now with new cool blue Diamond Brite and blue waterline tile (looking good for 40yr old pool)
    new Hayward 244T sand filter, 3/4 Hayward pump, Jandy heat pump
    pool skim (love it)

5. Back To Top    #5
    What summer?????
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

6. Back To Top    #6
    my 10 12 and 16 year old get out the 11th of june. kinda late, should be memorial day, but i think kids should get all summer, so the 21st of june to the 21st of september, 9 months of school, 3 months of summer vacation. WORKS FOR ME

21 year old graduated in february and is now part owner of the realeastate business, im retired meaning i dont get up everyday and work, he runs it and does all the work, but i still make the money, best of all worlds

7. Back To Top    #7

My 3 kids (6 & 4) will be out this Wednesday the 21s and we'll be having an after school pool party. The wife has invited so many kids I'll need to have it at Rollin Thunder's pool.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

8. Back To Top    #8

Mine are out May 30th. My daughter let me know last month that I'll be hosting a pool party for 25 on the night of the 30th......... great
    12' x 28' Doughboy, partially underground, 9100 gal. Hayward pump and sand filter, Barracuda Zippy pressure side cleaner.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Mines last day of his high school career is June 6th, I think.

Then a couple of months off to prepare for his next career .............. going to Penn State.
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by crabboy
    My 3 kids (6 & 4) will be out this Wednesday the 21s and we'll be having an after school pool party. The wife has invited so many kids I'll need to have it at Rollin Thunder's pool.

sounds like fun, just wired in 4 new bose 251 speakers and moves the 151's to the yard behind the pool, now we can really rock.

o yea and we break ground tommarrow on our new deck, outdoor kitchen, hot tub, extentions and french doors to the deck, gunna have two tvs, one on each side, a rockin stereo, 12 burner grill, pergala with ceiling fans. awsome comfy padieo seats. so if you can wate 4 months then we can throw a super party. out door fridge, microwave, drink mechine, outdoor kitchen with the same counters as inside to match. cant wait. will post pics as we go along since were adding a spa that im gunna need major help with. now if i dont go bankrupt i will be happy. pools are expensive when their working perfectly, you just see stuff, i need that for the pool, then you gotta make the outdoor space worthy of being by the pool.

11. Back To Top    #11

My grandkids get out of school on June 25th. This is New York State. We can't do anything right.
    Hotrod30

20 X 40 foot vinyl Borates and Salt Pool
    Rolachem Chlorine Feeder
    Hayward 27 inch sand filter with 80 lbs of pea gravel
    Jacuzzi Splash Pak SP55 DE filter in parallel
    Pentair VF3050 pump

12. Back To Top    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod30
    My grandkids get out of school on June 25th. This is New York State. We can't do anything right.
    Same here! Although our kids don't go back until after labor day. I would rather have this then end summer before labor day.
    30,000 gallon vinyl / Starite pump, Sys 2 cartridge, Max-E-Therm 333k heater / Bioguard SWG

13. Back To Top    #13

Re:

Quote Originally Posted by 19redwings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotrod30
    Same here! Although our kids don't go back until after labor day. I would rather have this then end summer before labor day.
    I always thought it was kind of stupid to start school before Labor day, go 3 or 4 days then have a 3 day week end.
    18x33 15700 Gal Oval Above Ground
    Ranger Sand Filter w/Praher Multi Port Valve
    A.O. Smith 1.5 hp Pump
    Confer E9120 Steps
    BBB And Sparkling Clean.

14. Back To Top    #14

Re: School's out for summer...

Around here school lets out the first week in June/end of May for the grads...the weather is always so finicky. I would rather they go longer into June and start back after Labor Day. the high school starts Aug. 15! That's still summer!!!!

P.S. when does summer end? Kids have been home one week and they are already driving me nuts.

Next year I'm looking into day camp....
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com