Where should we place the lights??

JimboAZ

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 17, 2012
Maricopa, AZ
Hi All, our pool build will be starting in about a month (new-pool-build-soon-phoenix-az-t54925.html). We've decided to add another light, based on feedback from the forum users, so we'll now have a total of two Pentair Intellibrite 5g in the pool and one in the spa.

Now, we're trying to figure out the best position for the lights and figured we'd ask the community since many of you have already been through this process.

We were thinking of placing one in the deep end and one possibly on the baja shelf (which is at the 2nd step level), pointing away from the house and toward the waterfall. Other options might be one on each end pointing to each other. We just want to avoid having the bright lights shining into our house or in our eyes when we're in the spa. The spa is raised 18" so maybe we shouldn't be too concerned about that? Also, any thoughts on the spa light position?

Thanks!!
[attachment=0:22cclncu]Pool pic.jpg[/attachment:22cclncu]

-J

Attachments

• Pool pic.jpg
    Pool pic.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 94
I think you have the most important part solved.....don't let the glare face you either in the house or in the spa. Other than that, my two lights are reasonably spaced so I don't have any REALLY dark areas.

Of course 10 smaller ones would probably be best but practicality (money) comes in to play. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.