Pump wet end complete unit replacement

Jul 10, 2011
Hello all,

I have a three-phase A.O. Smith Centurion 56y motor, and plan to use it with a Lenze Ethernet-enabled 2phase to 3phase variable speed drive controller. Since I appear to have the electrical drive portion of the pumping station addressed, I have been looking around for a complete wet end with a basket. I can't seem to find anything- anyone have any ideas or suggestions? It is a 2hp, and I am plumbing 3" lines.

Thanks in advance!

You're most likely going to have to come up with a pump that uses a 56Y frame motor and just order the wet end as replacement parts. Given that, it may be cheaper to buy a complete pump and just replace the motor.

EDIT: The Pentair Whisperflo uses a 56Y frame motor.

Thanks a million- when I cross referenced which pump assemblies used this motor, the whisper flow came up- I have been hitting eBay for the past month looking for a complete wet end, but have had no luck. I'm a newbie to this, so I figured I was doing something wrong. Thanks for confirming how to get this, looks like it will be $$$!

It will be a few months before I need it, perhaps I'll get lucky and find one with a blown controller or motor that someone wants to offload.

Cheers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.