Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CPSC36 compu pool LCD screen

1. Back To Top    #1

CPSC36 compu pool LCD screen

Hello, new to the forum, I've been having some issues recently with my compu pool CPSC36 SWG. I think I have narrowed it down to being a fault with the screen. When I dial up the chlorine it will tell me I'm producing 100% but there is only one bar showing on the screen. I can see the cell is producing but it is very minimal probable around 10-20% which is what the indicating bars on the screen is saying but not what i have dailled it to 100%. I've spoken with compupool and they have told me I need a new screen. My question is has anyone installed one of these screens I would imagine it is fairly easy. Does the unit require programming with the new screen?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: CPSC36 compu pool LCD screen

There have been a few reports of screen replacement. You can search for it using the Google search at the bottom left of each page.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lakeland, FL

They sent me out a whole controller. I believe the screen is not that difficult to replace. But it will depend on your software.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi. It's very easy to replace the small board that contains the LCD screen. With the power disconnected, remove the six screws in the back of the control module and lift off the front half. Unplug the ribbon cable connecting the front half to the rear. The LCD board will snap out of it's holder and then you can unplug the wide ribbon cable from it. Snap in the new board, reconnect the two ribbon cables, and replace the front half of the control box being careful not to pinch any wires in the process.
    No programming is required as the boards come pre-calibrated.
    Don Uhle, Discount Salt Pool