I'm new to pool maintenance.
I have a 30,000 gallon, vinyl lined pool and just performed my first test series.
The pool was opened and shocked yesterday.
Free Chlorine measured 20 ppm which I assume is normal while the shock is doing it's job
TA was 40 ppm. Should I attempt to raise this level at this time?
Also, I tested for Calcium Hardness since my pool water is very cloudy. CH measured 40. Should I attempt to raise this level, and if so how?
Step 3 of the CH test states: "NOTE: If the pool water contains copper, add two drops...."
How do I determine if my pool water contains copper?