Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Fault light is on

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Fault light is on

Help seriosly needed here!! I have a 18 x 36 inground pool with a circu pool RJ45 SWG. The reading by the pool store is 3200.
    Now, the problem- Water fault light is on, pool turning darker by the day. I have checked all connections over and over. They seem to be fine. Pressure reading is 18 on guage.
    Pool store said maybe needs recalibrating???? Could the cell just need cleaning? The reading on the machine says <2500.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Misty

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water Fault light is on

How old is the unit?

The water fault light is a dual purpose light. First, it illuminates when the flow switch detects low or no flow. Second, it illuminates when you have very low salt level. The second sounds like your problem (or as perceived by the swg).

It's common for units nearing the end of life to display lower than real salt levels. I would try calibrating the unit before replacing it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi Dave,

my unit is only a little over a year old. Do you happen to know where I can find directions on how to recalibrate my circupool rj45 unit? I have looked but I can't find any directions on the net.

Many thanks
    Misty

4. Back To Top    #4

Use the Google search at the very bottom left of each page here. Someone posted the procedure a while back if I remember correctly. If you can't find it post back and I may have more time to look.

Are the blades in the cell clean? When was the last time you cleaned it?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

pool turning darker by the day.
    Tell us more. What state and city do you live in? (need to know your climate) If that's an algae bloom, your swg will not solve it.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm not sure about this unit, but some stop working when the water temp is too low for the unit. Like Dave said, 'Tell us more".
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

I live in the great state of GA, mild winters compared to some and hot summers !!!!
    I can see a little bit of a white build up on the blades. When the unit is on there is no "white fog" or cloud at the end of the cell.
    The lady at the pool store said it wouldn't "make chlorine" if the temp was below 40 degrees. I have tried it when the temp was well above 40 and nothing. Light still comes on.
    So, should I recalibrate, add more salt or what? I am very frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, I really do appreciate all the help!
    Misty

8. Back To Top    #8

Before you add salt, what is the level?
    Have you call the manufacture or Circupool? CircuPool® Systems · (888) 206-9938
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

9. Back To Top    #9

Since the pool store said it was 3200 I wouldn't add more salt. Also, I'd wait until the water gets above 50 deg before doing much to it.

It would be a good idea to call Circu-Pool about it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

10. Back To Top    #10

Hi everyone,
    Water Fault light still on. I have checked and rechecked connections. Before, I try and recalibrate should I clean the cell ? There is some buildup on the blades.
    I didn't think that a build up would cause the water fault light to come on. I thought it would just prohibit the unit from making chlorine. BTW, the las salt light is not on just the fault light .
    The unit does read <2500 although the pool store says 3200. UGHHHHHHH!!!!

11. Back To Top    #11

Clean the buildup off the cell and clean the sensor if that is possible. If the water is around 50 degrees I think it might be a water temp issue. Some SWGs are more sensitive to the water temp than others, and having a water temp of 50 degrees seems to cause them not to work.

What temp is your water at now?

Do you have any reason for your pool to be losing salt?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

12. Back To Top    #12

Hi, The most likely cause of this is a loose terminal where the heavy cable plugs into the cell. Check all three to ensure that they are clean and tight. If this is not it, call us at 936.372.1515 when you are at the unit and we will trouble-shoot it. Our techs are available seven days a week!
    Don Uhle, Discount Salt Pool

13. Back To Top    #13

hi Don,

after reading your reply to my post, I did check the "heavy" cord leading to the cell and you can move it some. So, maybe that's the problem???
    Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Misty

14. Back To Top    #14

Hey dont know if u are still having this problem but we are!!!! We live in middle SC and last summer we had a water fault reading with no chlorine production!!! After many calls to the place that we bought it from in texas and a new cell and new unit being sent still have water fault... We let it get green over winter. We have scince added chemicsl pool is clear and still a water fault!! Pool company repared the unit sent it back and guess what still a water fault!!!! I have spent more time on the phone with pool company than in my pool!!!! They are now sending us another unit and cell.. We are so frustrated we are ready to go back to chlorine!!! I must say yhe company i deal with has the best customer service around just super frustrated with the stupid thing!!
    The lighting is so good it makes you want to go into the store and check out the products.