Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa drains into pool when pump turns off!

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa drains into pool when pump turns off!

My spa (slightly elevated from pool, overflow into pool) is draining into the pool when the pump stops running. I was told something about a valve...can anyone explain how this works (or in my case, doesn't work)?
    Brian, Richardson TX. 25K Plaster Pool, 1.5 HP Pump, Polaris 280 w/ 3/4 HP Booster Pump, 325 sq ft Cart Filter. This is my 3rd pool to convert to BBB method.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa drains into pool when pump turns off!

You have a bad check valve or one of the diverter valves isn't closing completely. Try using the search box. You'll get a bazillion hits, so try to narrow the search to thread topics or first post only.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Spa drains into pool when pump turns off!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    You have a bad check valve or one of the diverter valves isn't closing completely. Try using the search box. You'll get a bazillion hits, so try to narrow the search to thread topics or first post only.
    Ditto...happening to me too...
    28,000 IG, gunite, IntelliChlor IC40 SWG with SPA,
    Intellichlor/VS Pentair
    Norman, OK